Direct Heat Drying
DIRECTED HEAT DRYING A FASTER WAY TO DRY!
TES stands for Thermal Energy System and represents a practical way to implement a new understanding of the science of drying that will allow restorers to dry wet structures at least twice as fast as ever before! TES will completely dry Class 1 and 2 water losses involving up to 1,500 sq. ft. in 30 hours or even faster! Class 3 and 4 losses will take longer to dry but will still dry dramatically faster than conventional drying systems.
HOW IT WORKS
Evaporation has always been the bottleneck of drying. Most contractors know from experience that up to 97% of the water can be removed from the structure, carpet and pad with good extraction (usually within two hours of arrival on the job). It’s evaporation of the remaining 3% of the water that’s taking too long! Even with good temperature control, air movement and dehumidification, most restorers are reporting 3 to 5 days for total drying.
A NEW UNDERSTANDING OF DRYING SCIENCE
Water exists in three different phases – solid, liquid and vapor. Energy (heat) and airflow applied to directly to water (liquid) will speed the phase change to vapor causing evaporation.
You have experienced this all your life! For example, how can you step out of a long shower into a small bathroom with water condensed on the all the surfaces, including the fogged mirror and even have visible vapor (steam), yet dry your hair with a hair dryer?
Or, why does it take water from an aquarium so long to evaporate, but a pot of water on a stove burner will evaporate very quickly? The answer is, of course, energy in the form of heat.
HOW TO SPEED UP THE EVAPORATION PROCESS
The force that motivates moisture to move is vapor pressure. If you have high vapor pressure in one room and lower vapor pressure in the room next to it, vapor will move from higher vapor pressure to lower until the pressure equalizes.
Evaporation takes place when the vapor pressure of the liquid is greater than the vapor pressure of the air. The higher the vapor pressure in the water at the surface and the lower the vapor pressure in the air at that surface, the faster evaporation takes place. This is the key to drying faster!
TES THERMAL ENERGY SYSTEM
TES is a unique, patent-pending water damage restoration system that utilizes Directed Heat DryingTM and the “Reets Evaporation Method” combining controlled heat and air flow to produce high-speed evaporation, dramatically improving the drying process for the fastest drying ever!
All situations are different. Pinnacle Restoration Certified Expects know when to apply this technology.